Tuesday 12 June 2018

The start of my journey to .... ???

Miniature madness 

The miniature madness all started one day when me and my husband had some time to kill in town. We went into the library and, as usual, I browsed the craft books. There was a book on miniature quilts, and I thought I'd love to have a go at that. From there the ideas mushroomed in my head like an atomic bomb... boom.

So I made a quilt and it would have been a real shame for it to be stuck in a drawer or box gathering dust. So I made some little rabbits to snuggle up underneath it. Then they needed a bed and before I knew it I was working on a whole bedroom in minature. My local art group leader asked me to put it in our yearly exhibition. So then it became a diorama/roombox. Along the way I had the idea of depicting the nursery rhyme "There were ten in the bed". So along came more rabbits and a lot of research into the origins of the nursery rhyme. My conclusions were that it was a Victorian warning against the dangers of communal sleeping. So then came research into Victorian bedrooms and what they contained. I ended up making everything in the bedroom apart from the brass door knob!






Adjusting the curtains so the bunnies can have a good nights sleep.










The project was completed all in the space of three months. It's totally unknown for me and my ADHD(innatentive type) and BPD(screw your head up type) to be able to complete something so quickly, usually it takes me forever, feels like it, to finish a picture. The picture of Einstien, that you can see over my right shoulder, took 6 months!


For more photos of this project click here



No comments:

Post a Comment